Establishing a Designated Fund allows you to support the good work of a specific nonprofit organization. Through designations established when you set up your fund, your gift provides the selected organization not only funding, but also planned giving, investment management services and the power of endowment. Download a copy of our Designated Fund information sheet.
In addition to normal federal charitable deductions, a permanent Designated Fund is eligible for the Endow Iowa Tax credits equal to 25% of the gift. The fund advisers decide annually how 5% of the fund will be used to benefit the designated non-profit agency or scholarship.
A Scholarship Fund is a type of donor-designated fund that provides funding for scholarships to deserving students. In creating a Scholarship Fund, you are investing in your community's future. The Story County Community Foundation is able to provide the expertise to help you meet your personal goals.
Designated Endowment Funds-including Scholarship Funds:
- Ames Morning Rotary Endow Iowa Fund - to donate, click here
- Don & Louise Oleson Graettinger, Iowa Memorial Scholarship Fund - to donate, click here
- Doug Williams Leadership Scholarship Endowment Fund - to donate, click here
- Flannery Kate Fund for Ames Catholic High School Youth Ministry- to donate, click here
- Jeff Benson Family Iowa Lincoln Highway Endowment - to donate, click here
- Michael S. Miller Memorial Scholarship Endowment - to donate, click here
- Nevada High School Class of 1966 Legacy Scholarship Fund, click here
- Payer Family Scholarship Endowment Fund benefiting Ames High School - to donate, click here
- Sidonia & Charles Goetz Ames Historical Society Endowment Fund - to donate, click here
- Timothy Ryan Jenks Memorial Fund,- to donate, click here
- Wilma H. & Kermit L. Hellend Nevada Senior Community Center Endowment - to donate, click here