Capacity Building Grants
The Story County Community Foundation makes grants to nonprofits or governmental organizations with funds held under the umbrella of the Story County Community Foundation (SCCF). These grants are to help grow funds held at SCCF.
Grant requests of up to $2,500 will be considered.
Applications are accepted January 1 – August 31 and will be reviewed by a committee upon submission. Funding must be used within twelve months of notification of a successful application.
Applications must include the following information:
The organizational need addressed with the Capacity Building Grant
Anticipated results of the project and how it impacts the future of the organization
Timeline for the project
Board commitment to the project, both financially and in terms of participation
Budget, including other sources of funding and the amount requested from SCCF
Include only costs pertinent to the project.
Include the specific portion of the project SCCF funds would be used for
A copy of the organization's 501(c)(3) designation letter
A list of the organization's Board of Directors with contact information including e-mail addresses
If your request is for an educational purpose, explain how newly obtained information will be disseminated within your organization
The applicant must have a fund established with SCCF. Grants are made only to charitable organizations with a 501(c()3) status, or to governmental agencies. Geographically, funding is limited to projects that will significantly improve the Story County community.
SCCF will consider:
grant applications for projects that increase the ability of the organization to grow its funds held under the umbrella of SCCF. Examples of projects that could meet this criteria include (but are not limited to) those that:
- Strengthen the Board of Directors and governance of the organization, through training or assistance from an expert in the field.
- Assist in strategic thinking and planning for the future of the organization.
- Build a plan for long-term sustainability and reliable funding streams.
- Build technology systems to meet future development needs and accountability.
- Develop a marketing plan to build future sustainability.
- Or other similar use that will further the organization’s capacity to grow their funds held under the umbrella of SCCF.