Donate to the Story County Community Foundation or any of our family of funds established with SCCF.
Donation form (including list of funds) — click here
Call 515-232-9200 and we will gladly assist you!
To donate online via credit card — click here
The Foundation is able to accept online donations for any of Story County Community Foundation's family of funds. These are handled through our affiliation with the Community Foundation of Greater Des Moines.
Story County Conservation Commission received a major
grant to purchase a van to assist with programming needs.
To donate by check:
Donating to the Story County Community Foundation or any of our family of funds is as easy as writing a check and putting it in the mail.
- Print the Donation Form and fill in the appropriate information. Please include your name, address, and phone number. Also, please indicate if you would prefer to remain anonymous.
- Write the check to the Story County Community Foundation. If it is for one or more of our family of funds, be sure to indicate the amount donated to each fund.
- Mail to:
Story County Community Foundation
P.O. Box 1666
Ames, IA 50010-1666
To donate via other means
For other methods of gifting see the Donor Options page, phone 515-232-9200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be happy to discuss other options for making a gift to a fund.
Donor Tax Advantages
Gifts are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law. Gifts may also qualify for Endow Iowa Tax Credits equal to 25% of the gift in addition to the normal federal income tax deductions. Please look at the Donation Form to see which funds qualify for the Endow Iowa Tax Credits. Funds which are Endow Iowa qualified are permanent endowment funds with a distribution up to of 5% annually.
Please consider a gift to a Story County Community Foundation fund to help us better serve Story County.
- Story County Community Foundation Endowment Fund
Unrestricted endowment allowing SCCF to make grants to meet current and emerging needs of the county
- Our administrative funds provide funding allowing the Foundation to carry out its mission to improve the quality of life in Story County through philanthropy.
- Story County Community Foundation Operations Endowment Fund
Endowed operational support to further SCCF’s mission
- Story County Community Foundation Operations Pass-through Fund
Unrestricted fund for immediate use where needed (no Endow Iowa tax credit)
- Story County Economic Development Endowment Fund
Endowment for economic development activities/projects in Story County
Make a gift in memory or honor of a loved one or friend. A contribution to the Story County Community Foundation is an excellent gift for a birthday, holiday or anniversary celebration for someone who has everything including a philanthropic nature.
Many employers sponsor matching gift programs that match any charitable contributions made by their employees. As a donor to the Story County Community Foundation, you may be able to double the impact of your gift if your employer offers a matching gift program. Usually all you need to do is complete a form that is available through your employer. Turn in the form with your gift and we will do the rest.